Muslima Stories is a collaborative multimedia project that presents the stories of Muslim women in words and images, describing what it means to them to be a Muslim women today. The results are individual, interactive story panels. As more and more women across the globe contribute, they will together form a kaleidoscope of diverse stories and expressions.
Share your story. Submit to “Muslima Stories” today!
- Consider the question, “What does it mean to you to be a Muslim woman today?”
- Choose between 1-5 images [of an object] which you feel represents your life story the best (i.e. photograph of you/your artwork/of your child/husband; pen and paper; lipstick; paintbrush; a piggy bank, headscarf, any object you feels most strongly symbolizes your identity).
- Submit your six word Muslima Story. Your image should complement your six words!
- Read some of the Muslima Stories to get inspired
PREPARE YOUR SUBMISSION:
Each “Muslima Story” must include:
- Your name
- Your country/region/city
- One six word story in English
- 1-5 images
- Optional: If you would like to share more about your story, you can include an optional ‘backstory’ of up to 250 words
TIPS TO GET YOU INSPIRED*:
- Keep it personal. This is your story.
- Play by the rules. Choose six words (no more, no less), and add at least one image or object that best illustrates your story. A Muslima Story can be accompanied by 1-5 images. Maybe the images will inspire you, too!
- Revise. Being thoughtful about the words you choose will help tell the story you want to tell.
- Get inspired by reading other Muslima stories
This project acknowledges the work of Six-Word Memoirs® from SMITH Magazine.